Friday, 1 May 2015

The Canadian Dream.

I have currently relocated Canada for a while.

All being well, I will continue to work drawing comics, architecture and everything in between. In the meantime here are some of things I have been up to recently.

Between the Billboards & The Authoring of Architecture.

My previously self-published, six part comic series is to be released by Avery Hill Publishing. The original story has been reformatted and collected alongside other architectural short form comics I have made and bound together with annotation, writings and bespoke Benson comic. There will be more on this soon, but suffice to say, I am very excited. Get your pre-orders in NOW!

Here is what the cover will be looking like...







The Megatherium Club vol. 2.

The second volume of The Megatherium Club is being serialised and released as a four part run in Avery Hill's house anthology; Reads. Part I and II (Skeleton Crew and Bear With Me) have already been released in Reads 1 & 2 respectively. Reads 2 even gets a superb Megatherium Club cover, courtesy of the amazing Eleni Kalorkoti.



The third part will be out soon in Reads 3, so I very much suggest you pick up the first two, to really get into the swing of things. Below is picture of the disastrous camping trip that featured in Bear With Me...











Analogue Vision.

There has also been plenty of architectural work happening over at my sister site ANALOGUE VISION. If this interests you, I urge you to go and check it out, as it now includes much of the work I have done with landscape designer Diarmuid Gavin, a recent commission for the Young Vic theatre, and this illustration I made of the Airstream caravan/cafe; The Flying Cloud.







Other Work.

Of course, there are always other things I am working on and all will be revealed in the fullness of time, but for now, here are a couple of pieces.

As luck would have it, I found I will be in Toronto for a talk by Roman Mars, of the podcast 99% Invisible (if you are not aware of it, I highly recommend listening), so I took the opportunity to draw this alternative poster for the event. 

And finally, while taking a break from exhibiting and comic shows, I made this illustration that sums up my experiences...I'm joking of course...